Subject: [Leica] ZEISS BIOTAR 58/2 TEST
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Tue Dec 16 22:26:26 2008

Marc,

I may be way off in my recollection of the camera.  I recall that I either
got it in a trade for a revolver, or that I traded it for a revolver, can't
recall things that happened forty years ago in great detail.  I do recall
that, in examining the camera, I found that, though there was no flash
fitting installed in the camera body, beneath the covering there was wiring
for a flash connection to the shutter mechanism.

I can't recall the inscribed name, but seem to connect it to some model of
Contax or Practica.  I don't recall anything about the lens except that I
could not find a way to remove it. It was my first encounter with an SLR
camera.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA