Subject: [Leica] un-believable - now 'way' off-topic and long
From: leica at rcmckee.com (R. Clayton McKee)
Date: Sun Dec 21 08:44:31 2008

Quoth the Jayanand Govindaraj :

> Paulson and co. had taken their bonuses and decamped long before the
> s**t hit the roof....I am stunned that the government is not going after
> the past bonuses of investment bankers that were based on paper profits
> which
> in turn were based on even more dubious internal valuations.

That would be a political decision, not an economic or legal one.  As
such the end result should not be a surprise to anyone who's been
even peripherally aware of the internal political and economic
relationships in the United States since, roughly, the Industrial
Revolution.

--

R. Clayton McKee                           http://www.rcmckee.com
Photojournalist                               rcmckee@rcmckee.com