Subject: [Leica] M8 with UV-IR filters
From: len-001 at verizon.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Mon Dec 22 07:54:00 2008

Harrison,

The Tiffen hot mirror filters work just fine for the 28mm lenses and
longer. Use the Leica filters for the 16-21mm WATE and the 21 and
24mm wide angles as that is what Leica uses to calibrate the cyan
correction in their coding. The Tiffen filter is slightly less strong
then the Leica or B+W filters but is just as effective and will give
you the same color photos.

Len