Subject: [Leica] S2 Lenses MTF & Resolutions
From: imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George)
Date: Mon Dec 22 10:23:18 2008

Cropping is what sold me on the next level.

After working with the mid level Canon's
for a number of years;
I found myself literally shocked
at what could be pulled out of a segment of a frame
from the M8 and DMR.

And I'm quite sure that those working with the top end of the C's and
N's
are also amazed by what they get out of their image files
when compared to the lower or midrange gear.

I'd rented medium format digital stuff, very occasionally, in the past;
and understood that this seemingly unlimited amount
of useable information was available with the larger sensors.

Yet, seeing it come from the M form factor
was very pleasant surprise.

Fond regards,
George

george@imagist.com