Subject: [Leica] Bunnies, rats, squirrels, - Oh My!
From: ejcaliguri at comcast.net (Edward J Caliguri)
Date: Tue Dec 30 14:42:07 2008

Well, From my Veterinary school days, I can surely say that Rabbits are NOT
rodents. They belong to the?order lepidopterae (or Leporidae), while rats
and mice belong to the?order Rodentia, as do chipmunks, prarie dogs and
other 'cutsie' rodents?- (and 'flying squirrels'-cute little buggers !)

Rabbits belong to?Phylum Chortidae, F amily Leporidae - with O ld and N ew W
orld subtypes. After that - you need a Rabbit expert; of ?which I know there
are many.

The brain chemistry of each species is vey unique; for example anesthetic
response?for a rat vs. a rabbit is quite different.

My 2 cents!

Edward

Replies: Reply from douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp) ([Leica] Bunnies, rats, squirrels, - Oh NO!)