Subject: [Leica] Re: Jaguars vs. Leicas
From: lrzeitlin at optonline.net (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Mon Jan 5 11:10:28 2009

On Jan 5, 2009, at 11:23 AM, Arturo wrote:

> Hi to everyone!
>
> I love classic cars like as I love my classic leicas. Why a pristine
> restored Jaguar increase in value and a pristine restored Leica I
> decrease
> in value ?
>
> What a philosophical question !.....
>
> Regards,
>
> Arturo

It's the law of supply and demand. Leica using and collecting is now
an old person's game. Car lust and racing tends to be a young
person's game. Sherry Krauter once told me that the age of Leica
users is increasing roughly proportional to the age of their cameras.
Within another generation there won't be many of us left. Most Leicas
will be sold at estate sales. On the other hand there will be plenty
of car crazed kids who are fascinated by go fast automobiles. Antique
cars can omit all the fancy electrical and emissions stuff. Just the
basics of powerful engines in real sports car bodies. None of the
kids will be carrying Leicas.

Larry Z

Replies: Reply from vick.ko at sympatico.ca (Vick Ko) ([Leica] Re: Jaguars vs. Leicas)