Subject: [Leica] Antique store find
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Mon Jan 5 14:36:28 2009

Hi,

Tanaka Kogaku (Tanaka Optical Co. Ltd. Tokyo) existed from 1952 -
1959/60 and built a number of Leica copies (and one that looked like a
Nikon/Contax  RF) under the brand name Tanack and a series of six
different 50mm lenses and seven other lenses between 28 and 135 mm.
Little is known about the company although it was one of the most
well-known Leica copies along with Canon, Nicca and Leotax.

Information sourced from "Leica Copies" by HPR

Hope this helps
Douglas