Subject: [Leica] A REAL LEICA OR A COUNTERFIT?
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sat Jan 10 21:16:11 2009

Hi crew,

This note with a question from my son Scott this evening:

Scott asked:

>> I was over at a friends place tonight and he has an old Leica that he had
bought off this old Russian guy a couple of years back, on the top of the
camera it has embossed 1936 Munich Olympic, has the German bird crest and
the serial number 10606.

The question is, do you know anyone in the LUG that may be able to tell or
trace the serial number and find out if it's the real deal or a knock off.
The camera is in really good shape. <<<<<,

There you go folks that's the question.

I looked in a few real old Leica books but couldn't find any serial number
information.

Anyone out there like to take a shot at answering Scott's question?

Thank you in advance.

ted

Replies: Reply from crbirchenhall at googlemail.com (Christopher Birchenhall) ([Leica] A REAL LEICA OR A COUNTERFIT?)
Reply from hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] A REAL LEICA OR A COUNTERFIT?)