Subject: [Leica] M8 dust...
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Sun Jan 11 13:46:21 2009

Steve that is what I use. It has been completely successful for me. I have
the 1.3 size orange swabs. There are a couple of versions of the kit.
It isn't cheap of course but neither is that sensor! I probably do a wet
clean about every couple of months. I'm told that the Eclipse products are
very good too.
Alastair will tell you a tale of vigorously scrubbing the cover of his
sensor to get rid of ink from an unsuccessful trial of lens coding.
You may actually have small oil spots visible and there is always some dust.
Just sometimes you see it and others not, depending on aperture used and
where the spots are positioned in the image. You know the trick to get them
to show up, right? Actually two tricks. Shoot anything vitally important and
you'll see them right away ;-) Or shoot a featureless area at small
aperture.

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/e
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/gh/
Pick up your camera and make the best photo you can.