Subject: [Leica] M8 Dust
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Sun Jan 11 16:30:19 2009

Howard, just to continue on your note since this is very on topic.
Are you aware that ACR as well as LR has a synchronisation feature for
consistent dust spots? You have CS4 now, partly at my urging, I believe. If
the subject matter changes then you may need to review the correction in
each frame,(sampling area for correction might not be perfect) however I
would think for your panorama application this would be ideal.
Secondly for me, I am mistrustful of any system that wants to vibrate the
sensor. That is I prefer the idea of a very precisely mounted sensor for as
a factor in the best possible quality. Of course, I understand that most
dSLR manufacturers have now added systems like this and they seem extremely
popular. I suspect that it will be present in the R10 as well.
Significantly, at least for me, Leica's new pro format flagship S2 product
does NOT have sensor shaking. To the best of my knowledge none of the
PhaseOne, Hasselblad etc pro cameras do either. I'll take a 24x36 version of
that S2 sensor in my M9 thanks!

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/e
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/gh/
Pick up your camera and make the best photo you can.