Subject: PS Re: [Leica] Re:HDR, Leica DMR and Nikon D3
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Tue Jan 13 22:05:33 2009

Doug,
I agree with what you said - I am just saying that I do not see differences
in prints (the final product) of A3-A4 size, and not due to want of trying.
I have a print collection of over 800 prints, due to taking part in various
print exchanges, as well as buying prints, print folios, etc, encompassing
amateurs and professionals alike, and my genuine view is equipment matters
very little at these sizes. This month alone I will receive 50+ prints from
print exchanges, of various sizes in both black & white and colour, shot
with everything from a camera phone to Medium Format.

The three of you that I had mentioned in an earlier mail are all
professionals, shooting similar subjects, and I presume that all of you
would work within the strengths and limitations imposed by the various
systems. My view is the handling of the camera/lens combinations is of
paramount importance to a great photograph, and each individual will work
with what suits him. All systems have strengths and weaknesses, and we have
to work within these parameters. Therefore to say one is better than the
other begs the question - to whom, and for what use? It is an  extremely
individual preference, and cannot be generalized.

If you really want to see what can be achieved by digital printing today at
a very reasonable price, take a look at the Lenswork Special Edition folios:

http://www.lenswork.com/specialeditions/lwfolios.htm

Cheers
Jayanand