Subject: [Leica] Re:HDR, Leica DMR and Nikon D3
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Tue Jan 13 20:45:36 2009

Doug,
I have your prints made with Leica, I have John Shaw's prints made with
Nikon, and I have Art Morris' prints made with Canon, and I cant tell the
difference at the A3-A4 sizes, I really dont understand how anybody can,
except by pixel peeping. I think you just use what suits you in handling -
the results are pretty much the same. As far as Nikon lenses go (I know
nothing about Canon), I think the following would be very close to or exceed
Leica R standards, comparing like to like:

1. 85mm f1.4
2. 180mm f2.8
3. Recent lenses in the 70/80-200 zoom range
4. 200-400 f4
5. Most lenses over 300mm if they are stopped down to the Leica R equivalent

Cheers
Jayanand