Subject: Saloon Speaker has Spoken (WAS Re: [Leica] Re: Inauguration)
From: shino at panix.com (Rei Shinozuka)
Date: Thu Jan 22 05:53:41 2009

On Jan21 21:14, Brian Reid wrote:
> Please do not use the LUG as a place to discuss national politics of any
> country.

that's it. the saloon keeper has said:  "take it to the forum!"

political discussion in civil conversation is different than discussing
writing  instruments, time pieces, or sartorial style simply because politics
inspires emnity, rather than cameraderie.  face it, we have irreconcilable
viewpoints--what thomas sowell refers to as "Conflicts of Vision," that
cannot
be broached in casual discourse, and is additionally inflamed by the
mainstream and alternative media.

for my part, i haven't said anything derogatory about my president,
current or past, (at least i've tried hard in the past couple of years).

i'd rather be leica friends with 100% of you guys and gals, than rolling
in the dust with 52.9% of you.

very sincerely,
-rei

--