Subject: [Leica] El Toro
From: mads.christensen at gmx.net (Mads Christensen)
Date: Sun Jan 25 11:46:41 2009

It has turned out that Sarajevo was going to be the next stop on my journey.
On Saturday night I went to a Spanish restaurant El Toro, or as close to
that as it can here in the Balkans, with my Spanish colleague, Manuel (what
else if it can't be Lluis). We had some nice steaks and a bottle of local
red wine from the Mostar region. We were accompanied by a band of gypsies
(romies from neighbouring Serbia, to be precise) that engaged three cornets
and three tubas. In the beginning I thought that they sounded like a bad
circus band but they improved later on - or maybe we became more flexible as
the wine went down. A nice evening was had, anyway.

Please find some of my photos showing the band members and a couple of the
other guests in the restaurant:

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/madstorben/El+Toro/IMG_6708.jpg.html>  and
onwards.

Sarajevo is an interesting place to be but Bosnia and Herzegovina is still
very much torn and twisted since the war and the siege in 1992-95.

Thanks for looking.

Mads