Subject: [Leica] Seen this?
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Tue Jan 27 16:00:36 2009

Seen it - I'm not impressed - I can think of a lot better things to do
with between 6 and 8 thousand Euros. And why not olive green lenses to
go with it?

And what about a dustproofed version of the M8.2 in US Army Desert
Yellow and a waterproof version in US Navy Gray.

Personally, I think a grey Leica M would look pretty good and be a
better match to both silver and black lenses.

But I suppose the edition will help finance the S and the R10 to the
tune of 3 to 4 million euros

Go up one item on the menu at the top left - the S2-prototype shots
published are not particularly impressive either - although I think it's
tmore the fault of the lighting, posing and the fashions and not the S2.
At least the MTF charts of the S-lenses posted promise more.

BTW, if you like things that are olive green, rare and expensive,
although some even cost less than the Safari Edition (like an armoured
Land Rover Shorland or a Humber Pig for beginners
http://www.milweb.net/webverts/45393/ ), take a look here .

http://www.milweb.net/classifieds.php?type=1

Cheers
Douglas