Subject: [Leica] re: Erwin
From: marcsmall at comcast.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Tue Feb 3 08:12:51 2009

At 08:23 AM 2/3/2009, Marty Deveney wrote:

 >I have emailed Erwin directly and asked him about his relationship
 >with Leica several times since 1998.  He never responded.  Maybe he
 >got tired of being asked a long time ago.
 >
 >If someone can show me where he has written categorically that he
 >receives no benefit from Leica for his reviews I'm totally willing to
 >completely retract that part of my comment.  I'm happy to stand by the
 >rest of it.

I'm sick of this and wish you Erwin-Detesters
would stick in it in the refrigerator.  Erwin's
relationship with Leica is well known.  Who
cares?  He is a patient, careful, and decent
scholar.  And he has to make a living.  There is
no problem that he receives some perks from
Leica.  It is his expertise that we value, not his bank balance.

Marc

msmall@aya.yale.edu
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!

Replies: Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] re: Erwin)