Subject: [Leica] OT: vintage 35mm equipment
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Wed Feb 4 06:59:00 2009

Sue,

A very nice camera and very collectable camera, whichever version it is.

Here's a website all about them:

http://preview.tinyurl.com/bpxj49

For some unknown reason, the pictures don't all appear on my screen.

If the Prominent has a large viewfinder window it's a Prominent II, if
the viewfinder and rangefinder windows are small and almost equal in
size (one square and the other round) it's a Prominent I. The lenses for
them are almost all excellent and there used to be an enormous range of
accessories.

If you were thinking of collecting, it's going to be a long-term
prospect :-)

If it's in working order, it's an excellent camera to use.

The USSR Occupied Exa's are not particularly rare, and go for between 60
and 100 Euros here in Germany.

If you can get used to how it works, it's also fun to shoot with.

Cheers from Hannover, Germany
Douglas