Subject: [Leica] Re:Monster High-tech 50mm 1.4 from Sigma and everyone else
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu Feb 5 11:36:25 2009

My first serious camera was a Nikon F2 I got the year it came out my second
year in college. That year in the Nikon magazine they had an article on a
new normal lens they'd just come out with.
The 45mm 2,8 GN.
It was a fraction of the size and weight of their normal normals.
So I asked for that on the camera instead of a 50.
It was my only lens for many years.
I still have it. Though not used it for awhile as I did not have it AI'd but
Jimmy Koh says he can do that for me so I will.
It stops down to F32; love that.
F 32 and be there is what I say.
As its closest focusing is 3 feet that would come in handy shooting events
as if I was a bit closer than 3 feet I'd get it in focus anyway. All well as
infinity. But perhaps a tad overexposed with the manual flash.

I sold my old 105 2.5 but in the past few years got one again.

My normal rule and advise is:
Never sell anything.
Your gear appreciates loyalty.

What kind of shots is your gear going to do for you if it thinks your about
to sell it out for the latest cute new thing?

Mark William Rabiner