Subject: [Leica] AP or Jobo or Paterson or...
From: mark at whitedogs.co.uk (Mark Pope)
Date: Fri Feb 13 11:57:41 2009

Another vote for Paterson tanks and reels.  I have had a few problems
with film loading, but the trick is to make sure the reels are
absolutely clean and dry before you start.  As Steve said, it's worth
having spare reels.

Another tip is to wash them in the dishwasher occasionally.  They come
up like new!

I'm sure the Hewes spirals are very good, but I've never used them, as I
haven't felt the need to change from Paterson.

I think whatever you choose, be it Paterson, Jobo or Hewes, once you get
the hang of loading them you'll be fine.

All the best

Mark

Mark Pope,
Swindon, Wilts