Subject: [Leica] Sorry Marc
From: marcsmall at comcast.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Wed Feb 18 20:16:30 2009

At 10:20 PM 2/18/2009, Walt Johnson wrote:
 >Marc
 >
 >Please accept my apology for the misspelling of your name. It was a
 >careless oversight on my part  and I'll not make the same mistake again.
 >
 >Regarding the remaining  epochs covered in your post? I'm working on
 >those. Currently, I'm mid-Ordovician and looking forward to the
 >Silurian with unbridled enthusiasm.

Shucks, Walt.  No hu-hu.  You've made the mistake
before, as have many others, even Seth, and you
might well make it again.  I was actually
baptized as Mark but changed the spelling in my
teen-age years to the dismay of my mother -- I
have a note she wrote me ten days before she died
in 2003 addressed to "Mark".  But Mom died happy,
with her carton of cigarettes and box of wine per
week, and lived to age 82.  I suspect that she
had picked fights with my father, my sister, and
my ex-wife ten minutes after she reached the
hereafter.  You folks think I am contentious?  Lordy!  You never met my
mother!

The Paleozoic is a fascinating time.  The Silurian is especially interesting.

Marc

msmall@aya.yale.edu
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!

Replies: Reply from walt at waltjohnson.com (Walt Johnson) ([Leica] Sorry Marc)