Subject: [Leica] IMG: More Boobies
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Sat Feb 21 10:50:05 2009

I visited Waimanalo again yesterday morning and found a couple more
Red-footed Boobies:

http://wildlightphoto.com/birds/sulidae/rfbo02.html
http://wildlightphoto.com/birds/sulidae/rfbo03.html

My previous experience with these birds at this location suggested that a
lens as long as the 560mm lens wasn't required, and I wanted the benefit of
an automatic diaphragm so I used the 280mm f/4 with 1.4x APO-Extender
instead.  Other technical stuff: R8/DMR, ISO 400, shoulder stock.  All
comments welcome.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Kailua
http://www.wildlightphoto.com