Subject: [Leica] Digital picture frame
From: lrzeitlin at optonline.net (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2009 13:05:55 -0500

On Mar 6, 2009, at 12:44 PM, Dave wrote:

> I'm thinking about getting another frame that's bigger (than 5x7). No
> doubt image quality varies. Also, apparently some models even have
> Bluetooth so you can upload images wirelessly from your computer. Does
> anyone have any experience or input?

We were given a 5x7 digital picture frame by my daughter two
Christmases ago. My wife used it to play pictures of her art shows to
guests who couldn't make the openings. It worked very well but it was
a bit small. At her prodding I converted an old Mac 1400 laptop into a
permanent digital frame. Using the slide show facility in
GraphicConverter, I have the laptop playing pictures from a CD
containing most of her works for the last 10 years. They look much
better on the 14" screen than on the 5x7 screen. The laptop itself is
very unobtrusive, especially if you drape a pretty scarf over the
keyboard. This is a good use for older computers and displays.
Especially since you can buy them for less than $200 on the internet.

It was a good way to keep peace in the family. Unfortunately now she
has her eyes on my 20" screen iMac.

Larry Z