Subject: [Leica] Kangaroo Island?
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 22:25:04 -0700

Is it true that there were once kangaroos and other macropods on Kangaroo
Island? Is a koala something like a jackalope, a fictitious creature
invented by the stuffed animal industry to be relentlessly cute? A visit to
Kangaroo Island does not reveal the answers to these questions.

I've seen seagulls, spiders, and snakes, but nothing that I couldn't see in
the Bronx Zoo. Strange.

At the information desk inside the visitor's centre at Flinders Chase
National Park I asked the best place to go to see Australian animals. Her
answer, and I'm not making this up: "The gift shop."

There are remarkable rocks, though. And entirely too many baby Shiraz vines.

Replies: Reply from hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] Kangaroo Island?)