Subject: [Leica] Leica M3 plus Summilux and Summaron
From: gonzalel at online.de (Leina Gonzalez)
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 16:24:06 +0100

Hello all,

I'm considering purchasing a set which, the title gives it all away,
includes a Leica M3, serial number 104XXXX, so it is a 1962 model, in
addition is a pre-ASPH 50mm Summilux according to the serial number the
second version Leitz Wetzlar (I've read that many of these lenses were
Canadian made, and often preferred to the German-made lens) and finally,
a 35mm Summicron that is unfortunately missing its "goggles." All the
equipment is in nice shape, its a user but not damaged and the leather
is intact. The exception is the minty Summaron, but still no goggles. I
guess I am waiving slightly in that I would've preferred a nice M2 with
a wide angle lens. But the deal is for 750 euros or approx. $1,000 , I'd
like to know if this is a decent price. I am not well versed in vintage
Leica prices, and I have looked at old eb**y auctions. And before there
is a ruckus, I'm in Germany. Leica bodies tend to sell for less than in
the states, I watched an M2 body sell for 300 euros the other day.
Couldn't believe it. I would've bid on it except the serial no. wasn't
what I was after. This is a private sale, but I don't have the chance to
return it if I don't like it or if if the thing breaks. I'm not sure of
the value of either of these lenses and if they could potentially sell
them later if they are not what I want. I'd really appreciate any advice
or tips or suggestions to quit thinking about it and buy it
already...Thanks!!

Replies: Reply from chs2018 at med.cornell.edu (Chris Saganich) ([Leica] Leica M3 plus Summilux and Summaron)
Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] Leica M3 plus Summilux and Summaron)
Reply from h_arche at yahoo.com (H. Ball Arche) ([Leica] Leica M3 plus Summilux and Summaron)