Subject: [Leica] Leica M3 plus Summilux and Summaron
From: gonzalel at online.de (Leina Gonzalez)
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 21:50:45 +0100

I hope that I have hit the correct reply button. Thanks all so much for
your responses, re: just wait for the M2, excellent point and I've been
waiting for many months to find a decent body and matching lens, I don't
know what is going on but it seems that there are only super mint bodies
or trashed bodies but not much in between. I've not only searched the
auction site but camera shops, classifieds, ect. I'm in Europe, where
have they all gone??? It isn't that I don't want an M3 (no complaints
here) aside from the lack of a 35mm frame line, and potential viewfinder
problems; but I did the M2 v. M3 question for a while and finally
decided to try the M2. In the meantime I've learned that the Summaron is
indeed the model that uses no goggles, but how that should work with the
M3, I don't know. I found this link:
https://www.leicashop.com/vintage/summaron-2835mm-p-308.html it is the
lens that I have been offered and the store here lists it as for the M3,
does anyone have any experience with this? Maybe I am missing something
here. And Chris, what do you mean by "it still pulls up the 50mm frame
line"? Sorry for the question, still learning...

Replies: Reply from chehl at comcast.net (Charles Hehl) ([Leica] Leica M3 plus Summilux and Summaron)
Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] Leica M3 plus Summilux and Summaron)
Reply from h_arche at yahoo.com (H. Ball Arche) ([Leica] Leica M3 plus Summilux and Summaron)
Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] Leica M3 plus Summilux and Summaron)