Subject: [Leica] Color or B&W
From: lrzeitlin at optonline.net (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2009 14:40:57 -0500

On Mar 5, 2009, at 11:01 AM, lug-request at leica-users.org wrote:

> The eternal question.
>
> IMG: Ordinary Scene
> http://www.dragonsgate.net/pub/richard/PICS/_3040003.jpg
>
> or
> http://www.dragonsgate.net/pub/richard/PICS/_3040003-2.jpg
>
> --
> // richard m: richard @imagecraft.com
> // w: http://www.rfman.com
> // b: http://rfman.wordpress.com
>

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 4
> Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2009 10:44:40 +0100
> From: Douglas Sharp <douglas.sharp at gmx.de>
> Subject: Re: [Leica] Color (!) or B&W?
> To: Leica Users Group <lug at leica-users.org>
>
> Richard,
>
> the colour version seems to have a slightly sickly green cast to it on
> my screen - I would suggest more of a beige or cream toning, not quite
> sepia, but more towards the lighter colour of cappucino coffee or
> parchment paper.

On my laptop screen (Mac Powerbook) the green tint is very apparent.
In fact I thought that's what you intended. But even with the green
tint, the color image has a different emotional tone. It seems
lighter and more hopeful. The B&W image, while an excellent picture,
appears slightly menacing. Are you sure Michael Meyers isn't hiding
on the house?

Larry Z