Subject: [Leica] 35 mm flare on an M3
From: lrzeitlin at optonline.net (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 18:09:37 -0400

I may be in the minority here, but the slightly darker areas outside
of the central area look to me like normal falloff expected of a wide
angle lens. When you use the lens on the M8 you are only using the
central portion of the image circle. And if the lens is coded, the M8
software compensates for the small amount of falloff. Changes in
brightness across the field are not always due to lens defects. Some
are due to geometry.

Larry Z

Replies: Reply from luisripoll at telefonica.net (Lluis Ripoll) ([Leica] 35 mm flare on an M3)