Subject: [Leica] IMG - More from Italy in 2003
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 23:58:35 +0100

Many thanks to all who looked and commented on the earlier posting.

A sunny week as a consultant in Pisa and Milan, I can think of no better
way to finish a 30-year career in geophysical exploration.

These two gallery pages were shot on my last day of work as a senior
exploration geophysicist, on May 1, 2003.

Here are a couple of new additions:

The cathedral in Milan from the back, the front was covered in
scaffolding (yes, I know, I cut off the top of the spire - 12 mm wasn't
quite wide enough)

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/New-Old-Pictures/Italy/1Image4-17-Edit_BW.jpg.html

Two versions of the same scene, heavily cropped because the weird
perspectives of the 12 mm lens made me feel a little seasick.
I'm not sure which one works best - both seem to have their own merits.
Strange that the walking people appear like cardboard cutouts or
synthetic figures in a computer generated image:

In colour

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/New-Old-Pictures/Italy/1Image9-Edit.jpg.html

Same again in BW

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/New-Old-Pictures/Italy/1Image9-Edit_BW.jpg.html

The Carabinieri were out in force for the May Day demonstration,
beedless to say, it all went off very quietly. Once again that strange
CGI effect, but this time in the buildings in the background:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/New-Old-Pictures/Italy/1Image3-2-Edit_BW.jpg.html

Best regards from Hannover
Douglas

Replies: Reply from grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey at mchsi.com) ([Leica] IMG - More from Italy in 2003)