Subject: [Leica] IMG: Chicha, B&W
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 16:05:27 -0700

Tina showed:

>>It was suggested to me off list that I try this one in B&W:

>>http://www.pbase.com/image/110691925

>>I prefer B&W for this one, I think, but it won't sell as stock :-(

Hi Tina,

Yep the B&W has a great "show the people" rather than the usual over
powering of colour. Certainly no problem with that because you have in your
collections many mages that could be flipped to B&W and creat a very
powerful "B&W picture book."

By the same token the same images assembled or "colour impact would creat a
mind blowin book of colour for the "I love colour viewes.

I believe one of the blessings of digital is shoot it all in colour, content
and best light. Then switch later deciding the best for colour or B&W. It
makes a better money earning option than 5-6 cameras dangling about, some
with colour for stock and some with B&W.

The images you've shown this past weeks are excellent learning photos for
photographers who are still in their early stages of learning. Yes and some
good messages for the older ones still lost on the quandary of. "Should I
shoot colour or B&W?"

We always learn from your presentations. Thank you

Dr. ted

Replies: Reply from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] IMG: Chicha, B&W)