Subject: [Leica] Scrapple and SPAM
From: marcsmall at comcast.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 18:50:02 -0400

At 06:11 PM 3/28/2009, rob mcclure wrote:
 >Marc,
 >
 >As discussed when this topic "came up" (sorry, bad choice of words) a
 >few years ago, I admitted to having grown up in a scrapple-eating
 >family.  I liked it until I saw how it was made.  I will spare the
 >details other than to say that dipping out the floating hair and other
 >uncookable parts from the pot ruined my appetite for the stuff.  My
 >Dad and Brothers, having missed the cooking demonstration, still love
 >scrapple (and Haggis).  BTW, my Dad and Mom are also from Johnstown, PA.

Rob

I've seen scrapple made and it didn't bother me
in the least.  But, hell, I've also toured a
couple of slaughterhouses and still love a good
rare steak.  For that matter, I have killed
chickens on occasion.  I likes to eat hearty!

Did your Mom and Dad attend Johnstown High?  IF
so, when were they there?  Dad was graduated in '33 and I have his annual.

Marc

msmall at aya.yale.edu
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!

Message from marcsmall at comcast.net (Marc James Small) ([Leica] Scrapple and SPAM)