Subject: [Leica] Full frame again!
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2009 00:47:14 -0400

To me the issue is how much to they want to develop one.
How much?
And I don't feel like they do.
I think the owner of the company may not have had a lot of luck carrying
around his M8 and trying to get shots with and and gave up.
I don't sense a commitment to Leicas history having heard his long speeches.
I think as is indicated by the announcements he's looking for other ways for
Leica to continue itself.
And I think that's a mistake.
I think a digital manual rangefinder camera full frame a Leica M an M9 would
find quite a place in serious photography right along with Leicas new larger
than full frame AF DSLR. And a digital R if that existed. Fashion
photographers and serious photographers selling their cars to get one. And
museums. And blood banks. The CIA. All kinds of nice people would want to
pay 8 grand for one.
I cant imaging they are R&D ing new sensor technology, not their field, on
top of backing the new S system plus supposedly all the other stuff they
claim their doing. No ones aloud to say anything which would annoy the
marketing peoples idea of what needs to be said. And that is what needs to
be said is what the public that minute needs to hear.

Mark William Rabiner