Subject: [Leica] IMG: HDR?
From: jbm at jbm.org (Jeff Moore)
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 15:26:18 -0400

2009-04-02-14:36:12 Tina Manley:
> Playing with HDR.  Yes?  No?
>
> http://www.pbase.com/image/110866896

In its current form, no.  It manages to look like a composite
photo-illustration somebody stuck together in Photoshop.

Is part of it some odd sharpening of the stones and the llamas' heads,
making the stones look like a postcard and creating a kind of halo
around the heads as if they'd been cut out and pasted down?

(It's tough -- I freely admit that I haven't put in the amount of
striving apparently required to learn to do anything well, but so far
none of my attempts to squeeze an improbable amount of dynamic range
into a single image have looked natural.  If you figure this out, it'll
probably get me to try some more.)

 -Jeff