Subject: [Leica] Another failure of Epson 3800 printer
From: jbm at jbm.org (Jeff Moore)
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 15:32:34 -0400

2009-04-20-09:09:25 Brian Reid:
> It refuses to activate its Ethernet port. It's too far from my computer
> for
> me to be able to drive it any other way.

You absolutely shouldn't have to do some clumsy workaround or put up
with less-than-direct-Ether speeds, but...  do there exist little
standalone ethernet-to-USB print-spooling boxes, and would the necessary
print drivers consent to write to one?

Or...

http://www.gefen.com/kvm/dproductlisting.jsp?listingCategory=Extenders&productType=usb

My HP B9180 (I brace for a shower of scorn from Rabiner) has its own
issues with finding papers it loves to print on, but I've had no trouble
with the ethernet interface.

 -Jeff

Replies: Reply from reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid) ([Leica] Another failure of Epson 3800 printer)
Message from leowesson at gmail.com (leo wesson) ([Leica] Another failure of Epson 3800 printer)