Subject: [Leica] Infrequent printer selection?
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 10:44:25 -0400

Mark wrote:

>>The R1800 is all about gloss which is not what inkjet printing is all
about.<<

I thought that too, but it turned out not to be the case. Sure the R1800
prints nice glossies. Color or bw. But it does an excellent job with
matte black, too. Check out the 3-MK or Ebony-6 workflows on this page.

http://www.paulroark.com/BW-Info/R1800.htm

Based on the success rate -- or lack thereof -- I've had with various
printing approaches over the years I'm skeptical of a lot of things. But
the R800 has worked extremely well for me. The only reason I don't use
an R1800 is that my R800 has been such a reliable workhorse I'm afraid
to change anything. When my R800 dies, hopefully the R1800 will still be
available.

DaveR