Subject: [Leica] 8 or 8.2
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Sat, 2 May 2009 12:32:09 +1000

Henning, the frame line difference is personal preference, I'm sure. As is
the importance of the 1/8000 setting and the quieter shutter. Yours is the
first expressed preference for the M8 frame lines over the M8.2 that I have
read. As you say, you adjust to what you have. 'More accurate framelines'
from me was just meant to indicate the different setup. I guess I need to
choose my words more carefully ;-)
Leica presumably was responding to expressed preferences when they changed
to the new arrangement.
I wish that they would run the discounted upgrade programme over here. I
guess this is a Leica USA initiative? In Aus an M8.2 new is double the
(discounted) price of the M8 new now. Any M8 service at all and any upgrade
all goes to Solms.