Subject: [Leica] (SPAM: ?) 1964 World's fair pics
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Sun, 3 May 2009 16:58:17 -0500

I went to the 1958 Brussels World's Fair.

They had a display with a copy of the Sputnik in the USSR Pavillion.  They
also had a receiver that would pick up the beeps.

In the American Pavillion, you could eat a real hamburger, (hard to get then
in Europe).

I also saw my first Color TV broadcast in the NBC Studio; actually, I think
it was closed circuit.  It was nice to be in air conditioning.

--
Regards,

Sonny
http://www.sonc.com
http://sonc.stumbleupon.com/
Natchitoches, Louisiana   (+31.754164,-093.099080)
USA

Replies: Reply from henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff) ([Leica] (SPAM: ?) 1964 World's fair pics)
Message from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] George ?)
Message from nod at bouncing.org (Philip Clarke) ([Leica] George ?)