Subject: [Leica] IMG: Raptor portraits
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 21:13:06 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Jim Nichols wrote:

>Those are beautiful images. Those folks must do a great job getting the
>birds back to reasonably good health.

The Raptor Center releases about 60% of the birds taken in each year.  Some
are too far gone to survive, and some live but their injuries don't heal
adequately to allow release into the wild.  Some of the non-releaseable
birds are trained to participate in educational programs, some are placed
with other rehabilitation/education facilities, and the rest are just given
the care they need  as long as they need it.  It's an excellent training
facility for veterinary students too.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com