Subject: [Leica] 8 or 8.2
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 15:29:07 -0700

Congrats on your new picture maker.

The jpegs from the camera are distinctly lower quality than what the
DNG's deliver, and whether you shoot only jpegs or DNG+jpeg, it slows
the camera down. DNG by itself writes to the cards faster by a factor
of about 1.7x to 2.5x.

If you use Lightroom you can sort and catalog as quickly using DNG's
as if you had jpegs, so just forget about the jpegs.

--

    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
  /###\   mailto:henningw at archiphoto.com