Subject: [Leica] Banning cameras
From: dnygr at cshore.com (dnygr)
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 18:54:06 GMT

You know they don't want to just shut down photographers. Painters face the
same problem.
I know this from a friend, a retired computer professor at one of the top
U.S. universities.
He was out with his oil paints, set up in front of an old barn while seated
on public property.
One of the neighbors called the police. He/she must have thought seeing
someone be creative was suspicious activity and turned down the tv so that
the dispatcher could send an officer.
When the policeman arrived, he asked my friend what he was doing.
"Painting."
"May I see your id?"
"Officer, you are now?violating my privacy."
"Have a good day," the officer said and left.
I told my friend that he had been impressive. He didn't think so. "I grew up
in Brooklyn. I don't let anyone push me around."
Doug