Subject: [Leica] Troubleshooting-Examples
From: philippe.amard at tele2.fr (Philippe AMARD)
Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 21:45:00 +0200

Gary,

I had the same kind of mirror problem on an R3 MOT in cold weather.
A simply cleaning/oiliing? of the gear, call it CLA, solved the problem.
I sold it since, and the new owner hasn't complained either.
FYI lubricants tend to dry and clog over time, hence my questions and
suggestions.

I hope you can enjoy your camera when it comes back clean and
lubricated, and,
more importantly,
that you will share more results with us as what I saw from the ruined
negs was very attractive,
and shows you do have an eye for things, and animals ;-)

Best from Metz
Phili^^e