Subject: [Leica] OT: D3x vs. 'Blad CFV 16MP full sized samples
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 11:57:07 -0400

At 06:35 PM 5/30/2009, you wrote:
>Software sharpening is simply NOT AN OPTIONAL PART of the traditional
>digital workflow. You don't go "gee I sharpened this one!"
>You leave it out you just don't have a picture.
>It cuts all the phlegm away showing what's underneath.
>
>Mark William Rabiner

Except that most stock agencies allow absolutely no sharpening of any
kind.  There is no telling what the final usage of the photo will be
so any sharpening is supposed to be left up to the buyer.  I had many
Canon files rejected for being "soft and lacking detail".  I've never
had an M8 file rejected for any reason.

Tina

Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com