Subject: [Leica] Intro and question.
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 13:24:30 -0700

Mark Rabiner offered:

Subject: Re: [Leica] Intro and question.

I would hope that someone else shooting Canon's could weigh in all the

people who are doing so are shooting Nikons and it seems that when you set

the camera for a higher sharpness setting it makes for an image in which you

can tell if its out of focus or not when you view it at the back of your

camera. Or suffering from camera or subject moment. Perhaps this is not the

case with Canons and no ones said anything about Leicas who are using them.

So many settings; so little time. How many people understand half of them?

It's certainly true that no matter the sharpness setting when shooting Raw

its reversible once you are dealing with your image in your computer.

Hi Mark,

Your question.

>> So many settings; so little time. How many people understand half of
them?<<<<<

OK this is an easy question. :-)

A/ There are far tooooooo many buttons and dooooo hickeys to learn all at
once! I only learned how to turn it on as any other camera, film (M7) and
clicked away!

B/ There isn't any reason to learn every cotton pickin' thing in the manual
and on the camera. ( I know others will disagree, but that's cool!)

C/ You only need to learn what you need at the greatest time of use. Other
stuff? Learn as you need it!

D/ Don't sweat any of it as long as it appears as though it's working
beautifully! :-) That is until a friend explains on how you can make it even
more beautiful! In that case? .. "LISTEN & LEARN EVERYTHING SHE TELLS YOU!"
Thanks Tina! :-)

Dr. ted