Subject: [Leica] OT: photo sharing websites
From: jbm at jbm.org (Jeff Moore)
Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2009 13:04:22 -0400

2009-06-06-11:43:38 Rei Shinozuka:
> Flikr is pretty good for sharing hi-res photos. Snapfish is good for
> prints and books. Facebook is good for social sharing where you can do
> stuff like identify everyone ineach picture

...and Smugmug has my favorite interface for viewing photos optimally on
the web.  You can tell it to display whatever is the largest available
resolution which will fit in your browser widow, and navigate forward
and back with the keyboard.  And if you want, all those sizes for
viewing can have been scaled optimally from a full-resolution image you've
uploaded (but can specify isn't to be available for people to download)
with visually-good (and tweakable by you) final screen-version
sharpening.

 -Jeff

Message from shino at panix.com (Rei Shinozuka) ([Leica] OT: photo sharing websites)