Subject: [Leica] Perils of Film
From: rgacpa at yahoo.com (Bob Adler)
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 08:31:25 -0700 (PDT)

As I posted before, we had a great day at Yosemite on Friday. One of the
venues we shot was right after lunch; it was a view from the valley floor
west. The valley meadow was occasionally glowing with breakthroughs of the
sun and had lush grasses and flowers.

So I decided this was a large format type of scene and walked out into the
bog and rain, unbrella and 4x5 in hand. Of course by the time I set up, it
had clouded up quite a bit more, but toward the end the sun broke through
onto the grasses and I was able to get off a few sheets.

I developed them yesterday. Unfortunately, I think the 1st E-6 developer was
too old to complete the process, but I'm not sure.
Such are the perils of film... I'll just have to go back :-)

The scan is here:
http://raflexions.com/2009Yosemite/content/YosemiteMeadow01_large.html

Any input on saving this image (particularly the purpleness of the sky and
mountains) would be appreciated. The transparency pretty much looks like
this scan (Velvia 50).

Best,
Bob

 Bob Adler