Subject: [Leica] Olympus EP-1 : micro 4/3
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 10:19:30 -0700

Hi Frank,

I've looked at the Panasonic a bit, as Tom A. has one, and I've seen
Howard's of course as well with other adaptations. The whold package
is interesting, but the fact that the quality subsides as you go to
shorter focal lengths like the 12 and 15 CV and the current lack of
fast and easy to use lenses in the 15 to 20mm range has held me back.
I was hoping the Olympus would try to emulate a Pen F body, without
'prism' bump. but have a viewfinder in a sleek package.

The package has turned out sleek, but only due to leaving important items
out.

As for the lenses, if the two companies don't get their act together
and provide true compatibility across brands and 'standard' and
'micro' 4/3, then I think the whole exercise will become only a
historical footnote.

I thought the Olympus would be more appealing than the Panasonic, but
that hope has faded. Now I'm more interested in the Panasonic, but
more lenses are needed. I would _REALLY_ like is a small, compact
larger sensor camera that can take fast interchangeable lenses.

Hey! I got one! The M8.

Actually, an EVF camera with autofocus that can take interchangeable
fast lenses, whether 4/3 or APSC is what I was hoping for from O & P.
Both missed slightly so far, but maybe they will home in correctly if
their present offerings don't lose too much money.

Meanwhile, I will bait my breath with pickled herring, and not hold it.

    ...and watch the F1 zoo. The politics have become more interesting
than the racing.

Regards, Henning

--

    *            Henning J. Wulff