Subject: [Leica] The rangefinder shape / styling is back! - Olympus EP-1
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2009 18:55:40 +0200

I much prefer optical, though live-view can be useful for macro shooting.

The next step for cameras should be a head-up display projected into a
pair of sunglasses with a wireless link to the camera - wishful
thinking, but I

wouldn't mind trying something like that.

Cheers
Douglas

BTW:

On our recent trip to Berlin, I took along my Rollei 3003 to shoot some
film again and rediscovered its "waist-level" finder.

It's waist-level, but does have a little magnifier that flips out so you
can hold it up to your eye, the image is taken straight off the ground-glass

screen with no lenses or prisms in-between. Probably the brightest
finder there is on any 35 mm camera.

For those of you who don't know the camera system, Cameraquest has a
good article on it:

http://www.cameraquest.com/rol3003.htm