Subject: [Leica] Photos
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 08:41:42 +0530

Thanks to everyone who looked and commented. Its a great time to visit
Ranthambhore right now, because the park is bursting with animals, including
tigers and leopards. In fact the park should be close to its carrying
capacity of around 40 tigers. The authorities shipped a male and two females
out to a nearby reserve called Sariska, where all the tigers had been
poached, and I expect more transfers if a lot of litters are born this year.

The "Jungle Book" area is Central India, probably Pench, as it is in Seoni
District (remember the Seoni wolf pack that Mowgli gets adopted into?), but
Kanha also lays claim to being the location. The funny thing is that Kipling
did not come anywhere near this area during his sojourn in India, but relied
on others' descriptions to write his book.

Cheers
Jayanand