Subject: [Leica] Viet nam 1968!
From: gkase at ccfc.com (George Kase)
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 14:29:49 -0500

Good Lord Ted...you are too wise and sensible a man to have
that regret! Those of us down here in the states who faced being shoveled
into the maws of that grinder knew then, and know for sure now, that it was
all a big murderous lie. I credit my survival to a high school history
teacher that taught us the economics and mistakes of the French in
Indo-China and, when my college draft deferrment finally ran out and I tried
to get entry into a Naval officer's program, the recruiter  who looked at me
and my girlfriend sitting across the table from him and tore up my signed
paperwork and told me to leave and keep my fingers crossed...the war ended a
few weeks later.
 Gosh...Canada's position on the war always made me look up to Canada and
Canadians as a much more civilized culture.
My advice to you is take two fingers of that good scotch of yours and call
me in the morning ;^)
George
Chicago