Subject: [Leica] IMG: Silver Efex Pro and Sophia at the Children's Museum
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2009 01:31:37 -0400

Yes I do that too. Sidecars. Raw files. Texas tea.
But if its going to be an image which I'm going  to make an jpeg out of of
any consequence I'll open it all the way in Photoshop and dodge faces and
burn skies just like I'd do in the darkroom. - select surfaces and areas and
deal with them separately.
Then that gets saved as some kind of file. Jpg or psd.
Pixels have been altered.
I shudder at the thought. But the original raw file is still there.
I've been altering pixels destructively for almost twenty years, 1990
Photoshop 1.1 and so has a million other photographers. And back then it may
have cost us a penny ore more to save that image. Now it cost .00000001 of a
cent.
The horror!

Mark William Rabiner