Subject: [Leica] New 85 f4 ZM
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2009 14:47:37 -0400

The fact that the add on thingie comes in a separate package would explain
the lack of added macro weight to  the main component of the lens.
Extra weight coming from the added helical needed to rack out more and focus
closer.
But I would think a macro lens would need a few extra elements; hunk of
glass in there... To do its macro thing. Despite being generally a slower
lens.
All explained by the extra added macro thingie.
Which I would be tempted to forego.

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from tgray at 125px.com (Tim Gray) ([Leica] New 85 f4 ZM)